Brew Agency in Baton Rouge, LA is looking for an experienced copywriter who thrives on conceptual thinking, creative problem-solving and collaborative feedback. It’s not enough to just write well or tell a good story, but to be able to take on the personality of a product or business in order to craft a tone of voice that’s persuasive, comedic, clever and timely. Our ideal copywriter knows how to add a dash of creative expression to their message across a variety of marketing channels: websites, digital advertising, billboards, taglines, video scripts, radio scripts, blogs and social media content.
As an expert communicator, connecting brands to people through words is the ultimate goal. Collaboration with a cross-functional team is critical to develop and evolve ideas, content and campaigns that meet brand goals, client objectives and enhance the customers’ brand experience. Juggling multiple projects in stride, managing deadlines and sounding great while doing it is all just part of the fun!
“So what’s the next big idea at Brew?” You tell us.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
- Create persuasive messages that inform and influence our clients’ customers
- Work with creative and strategy teams on concept development for campaigns
- Maintain correct, consistent, creative brand voices for a diverse range of clients
- Participate in creative brainstorms to produce compelling ideas and concepts
- Work on all kinds of projects, big and small, and knock them out with style
- Collaborate with designers and strategists to create smart, conceptual work
- Stay up to date with current SEO, SEM and social media writing techniques
- Understand clients’ businesses and be willing to research and learn new subject matter across any industry
- Write and review monthly content calendars across social channels and digital platforms
- Assist in writing for proposals, presentations and new business pitches
- Assist in writing press releases
- Present your work to clients, executives and internal teams
- Have a passion for branding and articulating brand voice
- Attention to detail when proofreading
- 5+ years of experience as copywriter or content manager required
- Experienced in brand story-telling
- Experienced in writing for integrated media campaigns including video, radio and other broadcast media
- Experienced in writing for digital campaigns including SEO, SEM (Google Ads) and social media
- Enjoys both creative writing and technical writing
- Experience at an advertising agency or marketing company preferred
- Marketing or advertising degree preferred
Visit our Careers page for more about our company culture.